The UCUFPS has made three short films in 2005; The Legacy of Bill Allen (which screened at Electric Shadows and entered the
Canberra Short Film Festival), Trinkets (produced for the Newcastle Shootout and shortlisted on Short Seasons Film Festival)
and The Opening.
All UCUFPS members are entitled to hire equipment from the ACT Filmmaker's Network, or alternatively, UCUFPS may provide
assistance providing you read the following guidelines....
UCUFPS Film Production Policies and Guidelines.
Film Projects funded by UCUFPS will only get the green light if:
1. They are either a UCUFPS member or mentor.
This way UCUFPS can boost its funding plus remain loyal to its mission statement of "fostering" inexperienced
students keen to learn film production skills.
2. Producers must submit a film project proposal to the committee for majority approval before the pre-production stage
has been implemented.
3. UCUFPS committee must be involved as a direct collaborator in all film projects plus have access during any phase
of its pre-production. Notice will be given in 48 hours time.
4. Producers must abide by UCUFPS committee decisions regarding any aspect of film pre-production, even if producers
are physically not present at meeting.
5. Producers must present a pitch to a UCUFPS meeting. The pitch will give the producer an opportunity to sell their
idea to committee for approval. It must include a script or script outline, a proposed budget or outline, a production outline
and a storyboard.
6. At the meeting in which the film is pitched four committee will be needed vote on whether or not funding should be
given. Should the project be rejected producers will given the opportunity to amend their pitch for another chance at approval.
However, once the committee has made its ultimate decision producers must accept that the decision as final.
7. UCUFPS' name must appear in the film's credits.
8. Producers must retain copies of all original copyrighted work as UCUFPS will not be held responsible in the case of
theft, loss or damage.